11:01 PM

HCG Diet/Protocol (Days 1-4)


On Saturday, May 1, I started the HCG Diet/Protocol.  The first two days of the diet were "load" days, meaning, I pretty much ate whatever I wanted.  From now on, I will eat around 500 calories per day.  I also inject 12.5 cc's of the HCG hormone daily.  Sounds like fun, right?  My goal is to lose 30-35 lbs. in the 30-ish days I will be on the program.  With support and dedication, I will succeed.  Plus, I spent a good chunk of change that I have been saving for a while....so this better work!

What is the HCG Hormone?  Human chorionic gonadotropin is a hormone found in pregnant women.  After doing a little research, this is what I understand about it:  the fetus needs nutrients 24/7.  Since the mother cannot eat 24/7, the HCG hormone uses stored body fat to nourish the fetus.   There are no side effects, so it is safe for men and women to use. 


How will I lose weight by using HCG?  HCG aids in weight loss by burning stored body fat at an incredible rate of 3/4 to 1 lb. per day.  Working alone, this hormone can burn around 3,500 calories.  That, along with an extremely low calorie diet, will help me lose weight. 

How will I keep the weight off?  I will continue to watch what I eat.  After only a couple of days on the program, my desire for food that is not good for me has diminished significantly.  I will see the results and want to keep the weight off and stay healthy.  It's really that simple.


I'm surprisingly satisfied by what little food I am eating.  I eat fruit (an orange or strawberries) twice a day, and two meals of either tilapia or chicken and a veggie (broccoli, cucumbers, salad, or asparagus).  All foods I love.   

I will weigh daily and check in with the Dr. weekly, so I'll keep you updated on my progress.  This is a big step for me.  And I'm confident it will work.  It's a change I need to make and a lifestyle I need to get back into.  

0 comments:

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Daily Quote